Store Manager – Westside News & Gifts
An exciting opportunity has arrived at Westside Plaza for an experienced Store Manager!
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Westside News store. Providing exceptional customer service, the store manager will interact with customers, ensure all staff are adequately trained and ensure the store is running successfully at all times. This role will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Provide team training and development to ensure all team members are adequately skilled and have excellent product knowledge;
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service;
- Ensure the smooth operation of day to day business activities;
- Management of store staff including but not limited to rostering and performance management;
- Manage stock and ensure all promotional material is displayed and communicated effectively;
- Prepare and maintain store operational budgets and reconcile accounts; and
- Review and report store sales figures on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Proven experience in retail management (news agency preferred);
- Lotto experience, or willingness to undertake two weeks training;
- Experience in purchasing and stock replenishment;
- Demonstrated finance experience, managing budgets and maintaining financial records;
- Proven management experience including roster preparation, recruitment, training and supervision of staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example;
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Reliable and motivated; and
- Proficiency in MS Office platforms.
We are also open to discussing opportunities with candidates that have experience or the capability to own and operate a small business.
We would like to thank you for your interest in our company and we look forward to receiving your application.