Reporting to the Executive Counsel, you will assist the Company in providing high quality, timely and cost effective professional legal and strategic advice to the Sentinel Property Group and its related entities. This role will require the ability to provide ongoing support during commercial negotiations and where necessary, before tribunals and Courts. Working within a dynamic team, you will assist with the appointment and management of external solicitors where needed, particularly in relation to legal work required on behalf of un-related entities of Sentinel Property Group.
We are flexible in negotiating days’ per week; those seeking part-time or full-time hours are encouraged to apply.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalise legal and associated documents for transactions to which the Company, or a related entity, is a party;
- Conducting legal due diligence including:
- ordering statutory and other associated searches;
- reviewing the results of those searches;
- preparing reports in relation to those search results and identifying any key issues;
- reviewing leases, service contracts and any other key contracts or documents in relation to a transaction;
- preparing reports as to the results of those reviews and identifying any key issues;
- liaising with relevant staff and consultants to determine key issues;
- liaise with third parties to source and clarify due diligence information and to assist in negotiations regarding any key issues.
- Provide ad hoc advice and assistance to the Company and any of its related entities
- Settle terms of engagement and instruct external solicitors when required, as well as monitor the quality and value of those services;
- Perform tasks for Sentinel Property Group relating to property ownership and management matters as required.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- 1-2 years previous experience in Queensland commercial property law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively
- Positive “can do” approach to problem solving
- Professional and immaculate presentation