Sentinel is a privately-owned Brisbane-based property group and commercial property fund manager. Established in 2010, Sentinel is one of the most active and successful buyers of commercial property in Australia. Sentinel owns and manages a portfolio of over 40 retail, industrial, office, land and tourism infrastructure assets throughout Australia.
Reporting to the Director of Leasing, the Leasing Executive’s role is to ensure that net income growth of the existing retail portfolio is maximised through the efficient execution of Sentinel’s leasing strategies.
- Securing and renegotiation of both existing and new leases;
- Minimise vacancies while maximising the rental growth on lease renewals;
- Manage and collaborate with property agents to generate best outcomes for the portfolio;
- Manage all leasing negotiation and documentation;
- Ensure all lease renewals and market reviews are conducted on time and in accordance with the Leasing Strategy;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and maintain high presence in the market place;
- Maintain a full understanding of current lease legislation;
- Assist with the development and implementation of leasing strategies for retail properties;
- Ensure all key documentation for the leasing process is prepared accurately and on time;
- Ensure that company leasing guidelines are adhered to in all leasing deals; and
- Ensure that all leads and all Sentinel leasing processes are followed without exception.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Broad leasing experience in retail (essential);
- Past experience in commercial or industrial leasing (advantageous);
- Knowledge of retail leases, including relevant legislation;
- Demonstrated negotiation and critical thinking skills;
- Experience dealing with agents;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Professional and immaculate presentation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail