The Financial Analyst is responsible for producing accurate and succinct operational, financial and investment performance reports. The role will include financial feasibility analysis, conducting financial modelling of departmental profit and loss reports and Trust and Property models to monitor and manage agreed KPI’s. The role will also require identification of business improvements across all corporate entities as well as Sentinel Trusts.
- Develop and maintain financial models to enable the financial evaluation and risk analysis of business objectives
- Undertake detailed financial analysis to identify variances, enable accurate tracking and forecasting of expenditure.
- Contribute to the development of tailored report templates for reporting of monthly and annual financial results.
- Monitor cash flow to facilitate adequate ongoing monetary support.
- Review and interpret revenues and costs – suggest actions to increase revenue and to manage costs (performance monthly analysis on budget vs. actual)
- Conduct financial feasibility analysis (revenue and cost) and financial modelling using Microsoft Excel – by sector, asset type, corporate and property levels
- Provide information, inputs and financial analysis for the purpose of Advisory Board reports as required by the GM Finance
- Create and maintain financial models to provide recommendations to main stakeholders to achieve key business outcomes
- Corporate modelling and research – analysis of Sentinel Group financial model, analysis to identify areas for improvement, sensitivity analysis, industry benchmarking, research and analysis of industry competitors
- Compile and analyse data requests from senior management on an adhoc basis in a timely manner
- Provide research and modelling assistance at corporate level to assist Sentinel achieve its goals in the capital markets.
- Proven ability to produce accurate and succinct operational, financial and investment performance reports
- Receive guidance and instructions relating to function strategy, objectives, values and change imperatives
- Receive guidance, support and feedback relating to function goals, business issues and performance in the role
- Provide advice and recommendations on issues, risks, priorities and results
- Collaborate to ensure alignment and integration with other Finance projects and methods
- Support to manage team workload and achieve team objectives
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Degree in Economics, Business or Accounting
- CA / CPA / CFA qualified
- Advanced Microsoft Excel