As the Asset Manager, you will need to be pro-active, detail-oriented and a team player, who is passionate about the commercial property game and leading a team.
Reporting to the National Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for the management of a varied portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial and retail type assets. You will also be responsible for leading and managing a team of 3; a Property Manager, Facilities Manager and Assistant Property Manager.
- As the Subject Matter Expert, oversee the overall management of the potfolio
- Manage the end-of-month process, reforecasting, breach notices, budget preparation, wash-up review, and arrears management
- Provide weekly reports to the National Portfolio Manager regarding the performance of the portfolio’s arrears
- Use your technical expertise and experience to provide leadership to the team
- Partner with the Leasing department to identify potential income opportunities and development of the portfolio’s leasing strategy
- Provide advisory services to the National Portfolio Manager in the areas of Property and Facilities Management
- Manage ad-hoc property-related queries/issues/incidents.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous commercial, industrial and/or retail experience in a similar Asset Management role
- An understanding of, and love for, tenant engagement and relationship management
- A current Real Estate Salesperson License
- Tertiary qualifications in Real Estate, Property Economics or a related field (preferred)
- A natural talent in strategic and forwarding thinking
- A keen eye for detail and ability to manage the portfolio from an owner’s perspective
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High level of resilience, urgency, ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills